The Inovec Project
March 2002 Update:
Inovec is currently a very cold prospect, if at all, for future work, but this info is retained just in case we ever need to come up to speed again.
Inovec supplies sawmill optimization equipment and software.
One high priority project is to use 3-D machine vision to optimize the opening cut of each log. Thus far, they are using LASAR technology from Perceptron to gather the 3-D log shape data.
But, they have competition and they need us to catch up. Please look at:
- http://nanaimo.ark.com/~nsc Describes Nanoose Sosftware, which is in alliance with other companies here.
- http://www.optimil.com Describes a company that makes sawmill equipment.
- http://www.tridentsystems.com/cnext.htm Tells a little more about the LASAR
- http://www.tridentsystems.com/nanoose.htm A graphic about Nanoose
- http://www.tridentsystems.com/nanoose1.htm More info about Nanoose.